Day of Mindfulness, Home Retreat with Online Guided Recordings
Due to current helath concerns all Day Retreats are to be practiced at home, below is a suggested schedule. You might like to try a half day retreat at home there are suggested
practices below which you can explore and add to the yoga & mindfulness practices already expleoered in this 8 wk MBSR Course.
- Please arrive by 9:15am to set up your props, for a 9:30am start
- Mobile phones on aeroplane mode please,
or leave them in the car to minimise distractions.
- Digital Detox
- There will be silence of the eyes and speech, allowing you the opportunity to deepen your practice
- Please provide your own props for sitting meditation, also perhaps
a shawl or small blanket for meditation
- Bring along food and drinks for the day, there is a fridge & microwave
- Bring along your own cup & tea bags if you wnat to access the kettle
- Lunch will be an eating meditation, also
- Wear layers to keep warm/ cool as the weather can be variable
- Bring along a hat, we will be doing some walking meditation outside, or however you move through space
- Remember to leave any reading or writing material at
home, as this can also be a distraction from cultivating present moment awareness
- The day is mostly in silence, with guided recordings
- This day provides time and space for focussed practice
- I look forward to being with you
all for this day of practice together
- The day is an exploration of the mindfulness practices we have learnt so far in the MBSR course, in the spirit of self-care
- A place to practice non-doing and stepping out of the busyness of evryday life
- Lisa Pollard 0403 186 146
Yoga & Mindfulness Practices for your home retreat with Lisa Pollard.
Centering & Grounding - 15 min
4 Postures Practice - 32 min
Sitting, Walking & Breathing - 31 min
Feel free to add together any practices you enjoy, mindful walking, mindfule cup of tea & mindful eating.
Some teachings and guided meditations to deepen your practice.
Mindfulness for Beginners - By Jon Kabat-Zinn
Bob Stahl - 30 minute Guided Mindfulness Meditation
Jack Kornfield - Joys of the Awakened Heart Pt 1
Tara Brach - Mindfulness Meditation: Nine Guided Practices